Which cars were the best-sellers over the course of last year? Here’s 2018’s top 10 new cars…
Any surprises? Let us know down below in the comments!
1. Ford Fiesta – Number of registrations in 2018: 95,892
The Ford Fiesta takes the crown as the UK’s most popular car with sales an amazing 50 percent higher than its nearest rival. Amazing!
2. Volkswagen Golf – Number of registrations: 64,892
The Volkswagen Golf has cemented itself as the UK’s second best-selling car. What’s all the more impressive is that a new one is due this year – yet this model just keeps on selling.
3. Vauxhall Corsa – Number of registrations: 52,915
The current Vauxhall Corsa can rightly be called evergreen. It’s the oldest car in its sector, by far, but is kept at the head of the sales charts with strong value for money.
4. Nissan Qashqai – Number of registrations: 50,546
The Nissan Qashqai is now a regular top-placed seller in the UK. It’s built here, and has recently been refreshed with some clean, powerful new engines.
5. Ford Focus – Number of registrations: 50,492
The Focus hasn’t performed as well as previous years, however the latest model is an excellent all-rounder so it should rightly start to climb the charts again.
6. Volkswagen Polo – Number of registrations: 45,149
The new-generation Volkswagen Polo is now settling in quite nicely and starting to creep up the sales chart.
7. Mini Hatch – Number of registrations: 44,904
The evergreen Mini is built in the UK and is a British legend. We’ll be seeing a lot of it this year as the original celebrates its 60thbirthday.
8. Mercedes-Benz A-Class – Number of registrations: 43,527
Well done, Mercedes-Benz: despite going through a model change with the A-Class, you have still managed to make it into the top 10.
9. Ford Kuga – Number of registrations: 40,398
Ford will be thankful the ageing Kuga is still holding up and delivering the registrations.
10. Kia Sportage – Number of registrations: 35,567
Champagne corks will be popping at Kia HQ – it has delivered a top-10 best-selling car, a profitable family-sized SUV at that.